Recommended African Pygmy Hedgehog Cage Bedding Material (updated)
When determining what material to use for your African Pygmy Hedgehog Cage Bedding, various factors are considered:
- Safety of your pet
- Characteristics of your pet (does she/he like to burrow)
- Ease of cleaning (Do you mind regular cleaning? What cleaning works for you?)
- Your financial situation (what can you afford for your pet)
- Hygiene of the cage
Here are the Best African Pygmy Hedgehog Cage Bedding Materials
OPTION#1. Anti-Pill Fleece
- Anti pill fleece is easier to clean and is considered the best by most people, especially if you are using the critter nation cage.
- It is very important to read more about anti-pill fleece here to know how to use it properly.
Here are some clips to see how anti pill fleece is used in an African pygmy hedgehog cage
If you go with fleece bedding, it’s advisable to use either of the following substrates in the litter pan/ box/ tray:
#1. Yesterday’s News Unscented Recycled Paper Pellet Cat Litter
#2. Back 2 Nature Small Animal Bedding
#3. Disposable puppy/pee pads
US: AmazonBasics Dog and Puppy Pee, Potty Training Pads, Heavy Duty X-Large (28 x 34) – Pack of 25
UK: AmazonBasics Heavy Duty Pet and Puppy Training Pads, Regular -50-Count
Place This Litter Pan Below the Hedgehog Wheel.
AVOID anything cedar or pine.
OPTION#2. FiberCore Eco-Bedding Natural
OPTION#3. Boxo Comfort Small Animal Bedding
- great for burrowing as it is soft.
- It controls odors.
- It is a cheap and a better alternative to carefresh.
See a video of how (#2.FiberCore Eco-Bedding Natural) and (#3.Boxo Comfort Small Animal Bedding) are used.
Where Do I Get Boxo Comfort Small Animal Bedding?
OPTION#4. Fitch Paper Pet Bedding for Small Animals
Fitch Paper Pet Bedding qualities
- healthy for your STO
- it is soft
- hides smells
- it is super cheap
- it is very absorbent
Watch A Review of Fitch Bedding
Where Can I get Fitch Paper Pet Bedding?
Option #5. Aspen Bedding | Aspen Shavings | Shredded Aspen Bedding for Pets