Best Ferret Cage Bedding Material
When determining what material to use for bedding, various factors are considered:
- Safety for your pet
- Characteristics of your pet (does she/he like to burrow)
- Ease of cleaning (Do you mind regular cleaning? What cleaning works for you?)
- Your financial situation (what can you afford for your pet)
- Hygiene in the cage
Here are the recommended ferret cage bedding materials (they have been used by the majority of ferret owners)
- Since ferrets can be litter trained, cleaning will be very easy as they will not really soil the fabric.
- Fabrics are also safe to use for your ferrets as they do not pose any respiratory risk from dust.
Examples of cheap ferret fabric bedding
- Old t-shirts,
- Baby blankets,
- Pillow cases
- Anti-Pill Fleece fabrics/ blankets
If you’ve have googled and seen nice neat Ferret Nation Cages with fabric bedding, these have utilized fleece liners/ pillows which are mostly used in CNC (Critter Nation Cages) or FNC cages (Ferret Nation Cages).
If you plan to use fabric bedding in your pet’s cage, introduce a litter pan and put either of the following 4 substrates in it:
Yesterday’s News Unscented Recycled Paper Pellet Cat Litter
Back 2 Nature Small Animal Bedding
Hardwood wood stove pellets (good and cheap)
Marshall Ferret Litter, Bag
OPTION#2. SUBSTRATE BEDDING
- If you intend to use substrate bedding in your ferret nation or critter nation cages, get some Critter Nation Replacement Pans made for your cage by the bass equipment company. The trays offer a place to pour the substrate.
Critter Nation Replacement Pans (Get this at Bass Equipment Company)
- Be extremely careful on the substrate you use since ferrets are illness prone. Get one that is not dusty, here are some of the best examples:
Here are some recommended substrate bedding materials:
Fitch Paper Pet Bedding
Fitch Paper Pet Bedding qualities
- healthy for your ferret
- it is soft
- hides smells
- it is super cheap
- it is very absorbent
Watch a review of Fitch Bedding and how you can use it in the ferplast ferret cage
Where Can I get Fitch Paper Pet Bedding?
Boxo Comfort Small Animal Bedding
- great for burrowing as it is soft.
- It controls odors.
- It is a cheap and a better alternative to carefresh.
Watch Boxo Comfort and Kaytee Clean and Cozy in Use
Where Do I Get Boxo Comfort Small Animal Bedding?
Kaytee Clean & Cozy Small Animal Bedding (White in color) UNSCENTED or Kaytee Clean & Cozy Natural Small Animal Bedding (Brownish in color) UNSCENTED